How to Keep People from Bailing on Your Website!
Are Your Site Visitors Abandoning You at an Alarming Rate?
Considering everything it takes to get visitors to your site in the first place, does it make any sense to have practices in place which are driving them away in a heartbeat? Of course not, and there are specific easy remedies for these missteps. Let’s look into some of these and how you can fix them.
What you may be doing wrongâ€¦
Here are several reasons commonly found for site abandonment, and specifically what you can do about it.
- Long load times – You have less than 3 seconds to get your site loaded, or most people are outta there. This is your number one goal, to give your visitor an opportunity. Check your site load speed often, and make it load turbo fast!
- No mobile connectivity – Over 50 percent of all Web searches are now done from a mobile platform, and if you’re not able to be seen, well.
- Making visitors jump through hoops – If you make your visitors give a lot, you’ll see that they’ll be just uncomfortable enough to move on. Don’t make demands!
- Unsure about site security – If your site looks sketchy, especially if you’re attempting to sell something there, don’t be shocked if they exit stage left! Check into adding security badges that are appropriate.
- Poor site navigation – Take a hard look at your site navigation and see if it makes sense. Can you get to where you want to go when you visit, or is it ambiguous or worse, complicated. This ought to be a prime area of testing for you.
- No clear focus – What are you doing on your page? What is the purpose, and is it clear? Is the page cluttered with a blinking cauldron of ads that have little to do with your site?
- Nothing going on – If a visitor arrives and sees that your last content was posted a year or two ago, that your social media counters show no stats, and there aren’t any comments or conversations taking place, how would you react?