How to Create a Powerful Lead Magnet for Your Opt-ins
If you’re trying to develop an email list of prospects, you’ll need an item of value that’s specific to your desired audience to attract them.
What is a lead magnet and how do you implement them?
All of us need fresh leads, and the most effective way to acquire them is to offer people something of value exchange for their contact information, typically their name and email address. What is offered in exchange is called a lead magnet.
The secret is to produce something for this purpose that is specific and will benefit your audience now. Nobody wants to wait weeks for a benefit; let them have something they can use now!
7 Killer Lead Magnets you can offer
- Infographic – The visual content darling of the year, infographics tell a powerful visual story in an interesting, easy to process manner.
- Video – A video solving a specific problem your audience faces is always a winner. Not only that, a video can be used in many more mediums, spreading your lead gen efforts all over the place.
- Short reports – When we say short, we mean short, like “7 Tips for Solving your Specific Problem” short. They aren’t going to read a novel from you just yet; keep it short and sweet and romance them in the autoresponder followup sequence. These should run in the 10-15 page range.
- Cheat Sheets, Mindmaps and Blueprints – These can be gold for you, as you can pack a ton of valuable info onto one sheet, and people eat them up.
- Content Webinar – As webinars get cheaper and easier to carry out, holding a content packed webinar that offers valuable information in addition to showcasing your wares is a fantastic way to not only get subscribers, but sales at the same time.
- Podcasts – Another great way to distribute specific chunks of content and further brand yourself as an authority in your space is to give a digital download of a podcast as a lead magnet.
- Coupons or free trials – These are extremely popular as they represent money, and everyone likes to save more of that. An excellent way to introduce your products and services.